Texas Star Flyer is a Funtime Star Flyer operating at Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier. The ride opened to the public on July 27, 2012. The ride was installed by Ride Entertainment Group, who handles all of Funtime’s operations in North America.
The ride is a Swing ride where riders soar in a 98-foot (30 m) circle at speeds over 43 miles per hour (69 km/h) up on a 230-foot (70 m) tall tower overlooking the park and the Gulf of Mexico, while going forwards and or backwards. First pieces of Texas Star Flyer arrived at the pier in the middle of January 2012.
Texas Star Flyer is similar to SkyScreamer that is found at several other Six Flags parks including Six Flags Fiesta Texas found in the same state of Texas. Once opened Texas Star Flyer was the tallest swing ride in Texas, until the Texas SkyScreamer opened at Six Flags Over Texas in May 2013.
- 2012 in amusement parks
- SkyScreamer, a series of Funtime Star Flyer Tower Swingers at Six Flags theme parks
- Kaplan, David (January 28, 2012). “Historic Galveston amusement pier to rise again”. News Article. Houston Chronicle.
- MacDonald, Brady (February 9, 2012). “Galveston Pleasure Pier brings thrill rides back to Texas coast”. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- “Star Flyer opens in Vancouver”. Park World Magazine. 5 August 2011. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- “Projects”. Ride Entertainment Group. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier (February 9, 2012). “Ride Facts: Texas Star Flyer…” Facebook. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier (January 13, 2012). “Construction…” Facebook. Retrieved January 28, 2012.