The Sultanate of Brunei (Full name: Negara Brunei Darussalam, with Darussalam meaning “Abode of Peace”) is a small but — thanks to natural gas and petroleum resources — very rich country in Southeast Asia. It is surrounded by Malaysia and has two parts physically separated by Malaysia, almost being an enclave. Strategically positioned on the South China Sea, close to vital sea lanes linking the Indian and Pacific Oceans, it is a country of tranquil mosques, pristine jungle, and friendly inhabitants.
- 1 Bandar Seri Begawan – the capital, sometimes known as “Bandar” or “BSB” for short
- 1 Bangar – gateway town to the unspoiled nature of Temburong
- 1 Kuala Belait – second largest city and border town on the way to Sarawak, Malaysia
- 1 Seria
– center for the oil industry, with a dedicated museum and the Billionth Barrel Monument
- 1 Tutong – a small town, located on the banks of Tutong River